In order to use irrigation water as a local resource, this study clarified the history of water use using Sunagawa water as a case study.
(1) In the Edo period, 11 irrigation waters, from Shibazaki water to Sakai water, were taken directly from Tamagawa Josui Water Supply.
(2) 11 watersheds were integrated into one, and the origin of the current flow path was created. In 1871, Jindaiji water and the ｗater for the field in Sunagawa village were shaved. Eventually, the water utilization union for each irrigation water began to use the integrated water in 1875. During this period, the movement and integration of Sakai water and Kamisuzuki water port was carried out.
(3) After that, through twists and turns because of the mixed uses, it is approved by the ordinary water utility association in accordance with the 1906 ordinance. On the other hand, rice water was sold, Gengoemon water was built, and the Shibazaki water was separated.In addition, the actual situation of how to pay the tax of water and the change of the use fee of the water mills were clarified. From the end of the Meiji period to the Showa period, I intermittently recorded the status of the settlement of the meetings of the water utility association and the settlement of revenue and expenditure. In addition, measures after the Great Kanto Earthquake, waterways change and reduction smaller in Koganei village and Sunagawa village, etc.
(4) The history of the land improvement zone in 1952 and its activities were taken up. Water use changed due to population growth and electricity and water installation, and the land improvement zone was dissolved in 1963. Around 1965, some waterways culverted. However, the role was reviewed as water for the environment afterwards.
(5) Finally, I created the town walking text in the upper part as an example of use as a local resource.